City of Lost SoulseBook - 2012
From the critics
Age SuitabilityAdd Age Suitability
Violet_Ladybug_39 thinks this title is suitable for between the ages of 12 and 11
julienross thinks this title is suitable for between the ages of 12 and 11
QuotesAdd a Quote
“Qui est là?” “C’est le fils et la fille de Valentine,” he said. “Nous avions rendez-vous?” There was a pause, and then the
“Anyway that other thing we almost did in Paris-that's probably off the table for a while.Unless you want that whole baby-I'm-on-fire-when-we kiss thing to become freakishly literal”
"My favorite jacket is an emergency item." Jace laughed "I'm warning you, that jacket is sexy. The Institute could go up in sexy,sexy flames"
"Put him in touch with..." Jordan shook his head. "You can't just call the Praetor. It's not ike 1-800- WEREWOLF"
"Ah," said Magnus. "Nerd love. It is such a beautiful thing while also being an object of mockery and hilarity for those who are more sophisticated." - Magnus Bane
"Dammit, women, you read my mind," he [Jace] said. "Is there no filthy wordplay you can't foresee?"
"it's my soecial magic power. I can read your mind when you're thinking dirty thoughts."
"So, ninety-five percent of the time."
She [Clary] craned her head back to look up at him. "nintety-five percent? What's the other five percent?"
"Oh, you know, the usual— demons I might kill, runes I need to learn, people who've annoyed me recently, people who've annoyed me not so recently, ducks."
He waved her question away.
She turned and looked at him. "Ducks?" She said again.
A smile tugged the edge of his mouth. "I hate ducks. Don't know why. I just always have."
"remember when i told you i was 90 percent shure giving you a rune would kill you and then you slaped me in the face and told me it was for the other 10 percent"
"Does she still love you?"
"I don't think so," Magnus said dryly. "She wasn't very pleasant the last time I saw her. Of course, that could be because I've got an eighteen year-old boyfriend with a stamina rune and she doesn't."
Alec sputtered. "As the person being objectified, I ... object to that description of me."
Sexual Content: Jace and Clary constantly trying to rip each others cloths off in almost every chapter
SummaryAdd a Summary
As the search for Jace continues, Clary is forced to come to terms with the fact that the clave is de-prioratizing the search for him and Sebastian. Meanwhile Simon is trying to make his mom understand he's not a monster. After a strange visit from Jace clary must choose between going with him (against her mothers wishes) or staying.
This book was great i really enjoyed it!!!