5-Factor World DietBook - 2009
While jetting to exotic locales with some of Hollywood's biggest stars as their personal health and fitness expert, Pasternak has sampled local cuisine from many corners of the world. Consequently he has made a fascinating discovery: the farther he journeyed from the United States, the easier it was to seek out foods that were both nourishing and slimming. Now he reveals the international diet secrets of the world's healthiest people, including
* the self-control technique used by the Japanese that prevents them from overeating.
* the trick to combating heart disease in France (it's not just the wine).
* the reason Swedes stay slim and trim year round and have among the highest average life expectancies (80.74 years).
* the key to Singapore's low obesity rate (less than 2%).
* an explanation why notorious food-loving Italians are among the healthiest people in the world
Pasternak also shares helpful advice about ordering in restaurants, as well as pantry-stocking and cooking tips. With suggested menus and more than 120 delicious recipes-from Japanese Chicken Yakatori and French Ratatouille to Chapchae Korean Stirfry and Oven Baked Swedish Meatballs- The 5-Factor World Diet will keep you healthy, fit, and looking your absolute best.